Wellness Exams for Pets in Youngsville
There’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all veterinary care at Heartwood Animal Hospital. We provide completely customized wellness exams and veterinary care to each and every one of our patients, tailoring their treatment needs based on their environment, lifestyle, age, breed, health condition, and more.
Cat Wellness Exams
When determining a treatment plan for your feline friend, we consider all of the necessary important factors. For example, cats that spend their lives indoors will have different needs from cats that spend their lives outdoors. Also, the more exotic breeds will have different needs from domestic breeds.
When your cat comes in for their annual wellness exam, we ensure that our animal hospital is ready to accommodate the special needs of our feline patients. Our veterinary technicians are committed to providing a calming environment by dimming lights, keeping the area quiet, and handling felines with appropriate cat-handling techniques. We will also work closely with you to discuss health concerns such as:
- Recommended nutritional needs and/or weight management. We offer Royal Canin Diet, ready to purchase and take home here at the office.
- Pest preventatives, ensuring that your cat is protected, especially from heartworm which has no cure if contracted by a feline. We offer Advantage Multi and Frontline Plus.
- Vaccinations, such as Rabies, Leukemia, and FVRCP.
- Labs such as Heartworm Test, Total Health Plus (complete panel), Chem 21, and Fecal.
- Exams such as Visible Dental Health, Eyes, Ears, Upper Respiratory/Nose, Heart/Lungs/Pulse, Gastrointestinal, Abdominal, Skin/Nails, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Joints, and Annual Wellness Updates.